Not everybody is lucky enough to be travelling full-time. The majority of those bitten by the travel bug still have jobs, careers, children, pets, and mortgages. But there are so many things that can get you inspired and excited about your ‘normal’ non travelling life, no matter how bleak and grey you think it looks. Well, guess what, you’re wrong! Your everyday life is amazing. Period.
1. Buy yourself flowers.
2. Bake a cake and share it with a friend.
6. Try a new hobby.
7. Spend 20 minutes a day perfecting one of your skills.
8. Learn a new word per day in your mother tongue.
9. Learn a new language.
11. Step out of your comfort zone by doing something extraordinary.
12. Write a short story. Or a song.
13. Become more creative. Paint. Sing. Dance.
14. Learn how to cook healthy meals.
15. Create a language tandem to practice your linguistic skills with somebody from a different country.
16. Go to every museum in town.
17. Go to the zoo.
18. Take a different route to work or school every day.
19. Visit your grandparents.
20. Find your style.
21. Revise your wardrobe and get rid of old stuff.
22. Move the furniture.
23. Spend some quality time with your pet.
24. Make a handmade gift to your best friend for no reason.
25. Learn how to take more care of your body.
26. Get rid of a bad habit.
27. Refine your table manners.
28. Treat yourself with something nice.
29. Work on your grades at school/university. It will help you later to travel more.
31. Join a book club or discussion club. Or any club where you can find people with similar interests.
32. Find beauty in ordinary things and be inspired by what surrounds you.
33. Learn to accept life as it is.
34. Learn to accept yourself as you are.
35. Plan your future trip.